In November, companies in West Michigan received $5,361,713 in contracts from the government for work done for the United States military. The contracts were documented as part of Media Mouse’s ongoing effort tracking local work done for the military.
The following companies received contracts:
- Wolverine Worldwide received a $5,111,058 contract for boots for the Marines.
- L-3 Communications Avionics received two contracts totaling $70,713.
- Evans Tempcon received a $65,616 contract for “torque converters and space changers.”
- Woodward FST received a $50,960 contract for engine accessories for the Air Force.
- Borisch Manufacturing received a $49,335 contract for electrical instruments for the U.S. Army.
- Smiths Industries Aerospace received a $44,631 contract for the repair of a memory unit for the Navy.